Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the bolt and position the air cleaner assembly aside (2005 Models)
Disconnect the anti-lock-brake control module electrical connector.
NOTEThe 4 wheel anti-lock brake system (4WABS) with traction control is shown , the 4WABS without traction control system is similar with one less hydraulic line.
NOTEPlug brake lines to prevent any brake fluid loss.
Disconnect the brake lines from the Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU).
- Remove the HCU bracket nuts to HCU.
- Remove the HCU.
- Disconnect the pump motor electrical connector.
Remove the anti-lock-brake control module screws.
- Remove the anti-lock-brake control module from the HCU.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
NOTEThe brake system must be bled after the HCU is installed or replaced.
Observe the following tightening torques:
HCU bracket nuts to HCU 13 ft. lbs (18 Nm)