Removal & Installation
- Remove the transmission.
- Place the transmission on a work bench.
- Separate the connector from the clutch slave cylinder.
Remove the 2 bolts, remove the clutch slave cylinder and release the line from the retaining clip.
Inspect the clutch slave cylinder for the following:
- Damaged boot.
- Leaking brake fluid.
- Worn or damaged release bearing.
- Rotate the release bearing while applying pressure. If the bearing rotation is rough, install a new clutch slave cylinder.
- Install a new retaining clip.
Install the clutch slave cylinder and the 2 bolts.
Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
NOTEBefore securing the transmission to the engine, connect the hydraulic line to the clutch slave cylinder. When connecting the hydraulic line, a click will be heard when the line is correctly connected. Tug on the line to make sure it is locked in the fitting.
- Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the transmission.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.