Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the throttle body.
- Remove the front end accessory drive bracket bolt and install an engine lifting eye in the opening.
- Remove the radiator sight shield.
- Install a 3-bar engine lifting device.
- Remove the left and right engine mount nuts.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the oil pump screen and pickup tube.
- Separate the steering column intermediate shaft from the steering gear.
- Separate the steering gear from the crossmember.
- Remove 2 cylinder block cradle rear Torx bolts.
Remove the 20 bolts and 2 nuts around the cylinder block cradle.
NOTENote the location of 2 silver colored bolts with washer seals. Ensure they are installed in the same position.
- Remove 8 inner cradle bolts and washer seals. Discard the seals.
Raise the engine using the lifting device and remove the cylinder block cradle.
- Back off the setscrews until they are below the cylinder block cradle boss.
- Clean all gasket mating surfaces.
Apply sealant to the areas shown.
- Using a new gasket, install the cradle and hand tighten the outer bolts and nuts.
- Install the Torx bolts and hand tighten.
- Install the bell housing-to-cradle bolts and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Tighten the cradle outer bolts and nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Tighten the Torx bolts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Tighten the 8 inserts to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the 2 silver colored bolts and new washers and hand tighten.
- Install the 6 inner bolts and hand tighten.
Tighten the 8 inner bolts in sequence to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm), then again to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the steering gear and tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install the steering column pinch bolt and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the oil pump screen and pickup tube.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the left and right engine mount nuts and tighten to 46 ft. lbs. (63 Nm).
- Remove the engine lifting tools and install the drive bracket bolt.
- Install the radiator sight shield.
- Install the throttle body.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the engine with oil.