Removal & Installation
An oil pressure sender is used with an oil pressure gauge, whereas an oil pressure switch is used with a low oil warning lamp.
The oil pressure sender/switch is located as follows:
3.8L engine-lower left-hand side of the engine, above the oil filter4.6L engines-left-hand front of the engine, below the rocker arm cover
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring at the sender/switch.
Unscrew and remove the oil pressure sender/switch from the engine.
Coat the threads with electrically conductive sealer and thread the unit into place. Tighten the sender/switch to:
- 3.8L and 4.6L DOHC engines: 10-18 ft. lbs. (13-24 Nm).
- 4.6L SOHC engines: 120 inch lbs. (14 Nm) plus 180°
- Attach the wiring to the sender/switch and connect the negative battery cable.