Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Install an internal spring compressor to the spring to be serviced. Tighten the compressor to relieve spring pressure on the lower control arm.
- Remove front wheel.
- Disconnect outer tie rod end.
- Disconnect ball joint stud from front wheel spindle.
- Disconnect stabilizer bar link.
- Loosen lower control arm mounting bolts.
- Remove coil spring.
- If replacing the coil spring, transfer the spring compressor to the new spring.
- Install coil spring.
- Connect ball joint stud to front wheel spindle. Use a jack to raise the control arm to a normal position and tighten the bolts to 109-149 ft. lbs. (148-202 Nm).
- Connect stabilizer bar link. Tighten the nut to 11-16 ft. lbs. (16-22 Nm).
- Tighten lower control arm mounting bolts to 148 ft. lbs. (200 Nm).
- Connect outer tie rod end. Tighten the nut to 36-46 ft. lbs. (48-63 Nm).
- Install front wheel.
Position the coil spring and remove the spring compressor.