- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Before raising the vehicle, matchmark the rear shock absorber to indicate curb height.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove hub retainer nut.
- Remove disc brake caliper and rotor.
- Remove wheel speed sensor.
- Disconnect the tie rod link.
- Place a support under the lower control arm.
- Remove lower shock absorber mounting bolt.
- Disconnect the upper control arm from the knuckle.
- Press the outboard CV-joint from the hub. Lower the knuckle until the stub shaft clears the hub.
Use Halfshaft Removal Tool 205-475 to remove the halfshaft from the differential.
Use new nuts, bolts, circlips, and split pins for assembly.
Install Differential Seal Protector 205-461.
- Install the axle inner stub shaft into the differential until the splines are past the seal.
- Remove the Differential Seal Protector.
- Install the inner stub shaft into the differential until the circlip seats.
- Install outer stub shaft into the knuckle.
- Connect the upper control arm to the knuckle and install the lower shock absorber bolt.
- Lower control arm to align the matchmark on the shock absorber.
- Install lower shock absorber mounting bolt. Torque it to 98 ft. lbs. (133 Nm).
- Install upper control arm bolt. Torque it to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Remove the lower control arm support.
- Connect the tie rod link. Tighten the nut to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install wheel speed sensor.
Install disc brake rotor and caliper. Tighten the caliper support bolts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
NOTEThe hub retainer nut must be tightened with the brakes applied and the wheels off the ground to ensure correct bearing seating.
- Install hub nut. Tighten it to 240 ft. lbs. (325 Nm).
- Install wheel.
- Check the rear wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.