Removal & Installation
- Mark the rear shock absorbers relative to their protective sleeve (arrow).
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
- For convertible models, remove and discard the 4 rear support brace bolts.
- For convertible models, remove and discard the 2 upper support brace bolts.
- For convertible models, remove and discard the 4 front support brace bolts.
Remove the stabilizer bar bracket to frame bolts and disconnect the stabilizer bar from the axle.
- Discard the stabilizer bar bracket to frame bolts.
To install, tighten to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
NOTEUsing 2 screwdrivers through the access hole, depress the tabs of the track bar cover retaining clip.
Remove the track bar cover.
NOTEThe suspension must be at ride height when tightening suspension components.
Remove the track bar bolts and the track bar flag nuts, then the track bar.
- Discard the track bar bolts and the track bar flag nuts.
To install, tighten to 129 ft. lbs. (175 Nm).
WARNINGSecure the differential housing to the transmission jack with a suitable strap.
- Support the differential housing with a suitable transmission jack.
Remove and discard the shock absorber nuts and shock absorber bolts.
- To install, tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Remove and discard the upper suspension arm nut and upper suspension arm bolt.
- Lower the axle slightly and remove the springs.
- Remove and discard the trailing arm nuts and trailing arm bolts.
Disconnect the lower suspension arms from the axle housing.
Lower the axle housing from the vehicle.
WARNINGRaise the suspension to the reference marks on the rear shock absorbers before tightening the suspension fasteners.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install new fasteners as follows: