REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Lift the clutch pedal to its upwardmost position to disengage the pawl and quadrant. Push the quadrant forward, unhook the cable from the quadrant and allow it to slowly swing rearward.
- Open the hood and remove the screw that holds the cable assembly isolator to the dash panel.
- Pull the cable through the dash panel and into the engine compartment. On 4-140 EFI turbocharged and 8-302 engines, remove the cable bracket screw from the fender apron.
- Raise the vehicle and safely support on jackstands.
- Remove the dust cover from the bellhousing.
- Remove the clip retainer holding the cable assembly to the bellhousing.
- Slide the ball on the end of the cable assembly through the hole in the clutch release lever and remove the cable.
- Remove the dash panel isolator from the cable.
- Install the dash panel isolator on the cable assembly.
- Insert the cable through the hole in the bellhousing and through the hole in the clutch release lever. Slide the ball on the end of the cable assembly away from the hole in the clutch release lever.
- Install the clip retainer that holds the cable assembly to the bellhousing.
- Install the dust cover on the bellhousing.
- Push the cable assembly into the engine compartment and lower the vehicle. On 4-140 EFI turbocharged and 8-302 engines, install the cable bracket screw in the fender apron.
- Push the cable assembly into the hole in the dash panel and secure the isolator with a screw.
- Install the cable assembly by lifting the clutch pedal to disengage the pawl and quadrant, then, pushing the quadrant forward, hook the end of the cable over the rear of the quadrant.
- Depress the clutch pedal several times to adjust the cable.