REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the steering wheel center cover.
- Loosen the steering wheel attaching bolt four to six turns.
- Use Steering Wheel Remover (part no. T67L-3600-A or equivalent) on top of the attaching bolt until the steering wheel is loose from the shaft.
Do not use a knock-off type puller or strike the attaching bolt with a hammer. This could cause damage to the steering shaft bearing.
- Remove and discard the steering wheel attaching bolt and remove the wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel back cover retaining screws and the back cover. Separate the control switch connector from the terminal on the cover.
Remove the speed control switch assembly as follows:
- Press on each post from the rear side of the steering wheel spoke until the switch is released from the spoke.
- Rotate the switch and insert the end back through the steering wheel.
- Remove the switch from the steering wheel.
- Position the control switch assembly into the steering wheel.
- Attach the control switch connector to the terminal on the back cover.
- Position the back cover to the steering wheel. Be sure that the control switch wiring harness is positioned properly in the lower spoke. Press the cover until it snaps in place. Install the back cover retaining screws.
- Position the steering wheel on the end of the steering shaft. Be sure that the index mark on the wheel aligns with the mark on the steering shaft.
- Install a new steering wheel bolt and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Install the steering wheel hub cover.