REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the vehicle and support safely on jackstands.
- Remove the bolt retaining the speed sensor mounting clip to the transmission.
- Remove the sensor and the driven gear from the transmission.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and the speedometer cable from the speed sensor.
- Remove the speedometer cable by pulling it out of the sensor.
Do not remove the spring retainer clip with the speedometer cable in the sensor.
- Remove the driven gear retainer. Remove the driven gear from the sensor.
- Position the driven gear to the speed sensor. Install the gear retainer.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Check that the O-ring is properly seated in the sensor housing. Snap the speedometer cable onto the sensor housing.
- Insert the sensor assembly into the transmission and install the retaining bolt. Lower the vehicle.