See Figure 1
The exhaust gas oxygen sensor supplies a signal to the Electronic Control Assembly (ECA) indicating either a rich or lean condition during engine operation. The oxygen sensor is located in the exhaust manifold.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2 and 3
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Using a proper size wrench, unscrew the sensor.
- Coat the sensor's threads with anti-seize compound.
- Screw in the sensor and torque it to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connector.