Various models, are equipped with a bracket-mounted electric cooling fan that replaces the conventional water pump mounted fan.
Operation of the fan motor is dependent on engine coolant temperature and air conditioner compressor clutch engagement. The fan will run only when the coolant temperature is approximately 221°F or higher, or when the compressor clutch is engaged. The fan, motor and mount can be removed as an assembly after disconnecting the wiring harnesses and mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the wiring harness at the fan motor connector.
- Connect a jumper wire between the negative motor lead and a good ground.
- Connect another jumper wire between the positive motor lead and the positive battery terminal.
- If the cooling fan motor does not operate, it must be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fan wiring harness from the clip.
- Unplug the harness at the fan motor connector.
- Remove the 4 mounting bracket attaching bolts and remove the fan and shroud assembly from the car.
- Remove the retaining clip from the end of the motor shaft and remove the fan.
- Remove the nuts attaching the fan motor to the mounting bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.