REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A special tool is required to compress the lash adjuster.
- Remove the valve cover and related parts as described above.
- Rotate the camshaft so that the base circle of the cam is against the cam follower you intend to remove.
- Remove the retaining spring from the cam follower, if so equipped.
- Using special tool T74P-6565-B or a valve spring compressor tool, collapse the lash adjuster and/or depress the valve spring, as necessary, and slide the cam follower over the lash adjuster and out from under the camshaft.
- Install the cam follower in the reverse order of removal. Make sure that the lash adjuster is collapsed and released before rotating the camshaft.
- Clean the mounting surfaces and install the valve cover with a new gasket, as described above.
- install the air cleaner assembly, PCV valve and any other parts which were moved.