REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open and support the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge positions.
- Have an assistant support the hood while you remove the hinge-to-hood bolts from both sides.
- Remove the hood.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to align the hood and hinge matchmarks, then tighten the attaching bolts to 13-20 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm). Check the fit and adjust, if necessary.
- Side-to-side and fore-aft adjustments can be made by loosening the hood-to-hinge attachment bolts and positioning the hood as necessary.
- Hood vertical fit can be adjusted by raising or lowering the hinge-to-fender reinforcement bolts.
- To ensure a snug fit of the hood against the rear hood bumpers, it may be necessary to rotate the hinge around the attaching bolts.