Outside mirrors that are frozen must be thawed prior to adjustment. Do not attempt to free-up the mirror by pressing the glass assembly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the inside sail trim cover.
- Remove the nut and washer assemblies and lift the mirror off the door.
- Position the mirror against the door.
- Install and tighten the nut and washer assemblies.
- Install the inside sail cover.
See Figure 1
- Remove the trim cover retaining screw and loosen the Allen setscrew retaining the control mechanism to the cover.
- Remove the control knob, if necessary and remove the cover.
- Remove the rearview mirror attaching nuts.
- Remove the grommet, in order to feed the control cable through the door, and remove the mirror.
- Position the rearview mirror to the door and route the control mechanism through the opening.
- Seat the grommet over the control cable and into the opening.
- Install and tighten the mirror attaching nuts to 24-36 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm).
- Position the control mechanism in the cover and tighten the Allen setscrew.
- Position the trim cover to the door and install the retaining screw.
- Install the control knob if it was removed.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the one screw retaining the mirror mounting hole cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Disconnect the mirror assembly wiring connector. Remove the necessary wiring guides.
- Remove the two mirror retaining nuts. Remove the mirror while guiding the wiring and connector through hole in the door.
- Route the electrical connector and wiring through the hole in the door and position the mirror. Install and tighten the retaining nuts.
- Connect the mirror assembly wiring connector and install the wiring guides.
- Replace the mirror mounting hole cover and install the screw.
- Replace the door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.