SAE 85W/90 gear oil may be used in the T5OD transmission in very warm climates or if gear/bearing noise is excessive. Conversely, Dexron®II or Mercon®ATF may be used in the ET 4-speed in very cold climates, or if hard shifting is a continuing problem.
FLUID LEVEL CHECK
The fluid level should be checked every 6 months/6,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Park the car on a level surface, turn off the engine, apply the parking brake and block the wheels.
- Remove the filler plug from the side of the transmission case using the proper size wrench. The fluid level should be even with the bottom of the filler hole.
- If additional fluid is necessary, add it through the filler hole using a siphon pump or squeeze bottle.
- Replace the filler plug; do not overtighten.
DRAIN AND REFILL
- Place a suitable drain pan under the transmission.
- Remove the drain plug and allow the gear lube to drain out.
- Replace the drain plug, then remove the filler plug. Fill the transmission to the proper level with the required fluid.
- Reinstall the filler plug.