All vehicles covered by this information use Type F automatic transmission fluid in the power steering system.
FLUID LEVEL CHECK
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Check the power steering fluid level every 6 months/6,000 miles.
- Park the vehicle on a level surface. Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
- Turn the steering all the way to the left and then all the way to the right several times. Center the steering wheel and shut off the engine.
- Open the hood and locate the power steering pump.
- Remove the filler cap and wipe the attached dipstick clean.
- Re-insert the dipstick and tighten the cap. Remove the cap and note the fluid level indicated on the dipstick.
- The level should be at any point below the Full mark, but not below the Add mark.
- Add fluid as necessary. Do not overfill.