REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
During the procedures, slight variations may be required from the general outline, due to minor production changes.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the 3 upper retaining screws from the cluster trim cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the 2 upper and 2 lower screws retaining the cluster to the instrument panel. On Mustang SVO, disconnect the turbo boost pressure hose at the shake brace.
- Pull the cluster away from the panel, then disconnect the speedometer cable and printed circuit connectors.
- Remove the cluster.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to apply a 3 / 16 in. (4.76mm) diameter ball of Silicone Damping Grease (part no. D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent) in the drive hole of the speedometer head.