REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
- Support the glass in the full up position.
- Drill out the motor bracket-to-inner panel attaching rivet and remove the rivet. Disconnect the motor wires at the connector.On the models with power windows, drill out the regulator attaching rivets and remove the rivets.
- Disengage the regulator arm from the glass bracket and remove the regulator from the door.
- If equipped with power windows, secure the regulator in a vise and drill a 5 / 16 in. hole through the regulator sector gear and the plate. Install a 1 / 4 in. bolt and nut in the hole to prevent the sector gear from moving when the motor and drive assembly is removed.
- Remove the motor assembly from the regulator and install it on a new regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Replace the rivets with -20 X 1 / 2 in. machine screws. Remove the regulator restraining bolt and nut if the old regulator was re-used. 1 / 4