REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The key code is stamped on the driver's door lock cylinder to aid in replacing lost keys. If a lock cylinder needs to be replaced, it is advisable to replace the ignition lock cylinder and other door lock cylinder as a set; otherwise, two different keys will be required.
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
- Disconnect the lock control-to-door lock cylinder rod from the lock cylinder arm.
- Remove the door lock cylinder retainer and slide the cylinder from the door. If a new lock cylinder is being installed, transfer the arm to the new cylinder.
- Position the lock cylinder in the door and install the lock cylinder retainer.
- Connect the lock control-to-door lock cylinder rod at the lock cylinder, and secure the retainer.
- Position the watershield to the inner panel and install the trim panel.