REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the seat track retaining screws, plastic shields, and nuts and washers from inside the vehicle.
- Lift and remove the seat and track assembly from the vehicle. On power seats, tilt the seat backward and disconnect the motor wiring, before lifting the seat from the car.
In order to remove the seat track assemblies from the seat, proceed as follows:
- Place the seat and seat track assemblies on a clean working area and disconnect the adjusting springs, if so equipped.
- Remove the seat track-to-seat cushion attaching screws, and remove the seat cushion from the tracks.
- Disconnect the latch tie rod from the seat tracks, if so equipped.
- If the seat tracks are being replaced, transfer the spacers and seat side shields to the new track assemblies.
If the seat tracks were removed, proceed as follows:
- Mount the seat tracks to the seat cushion. If applicable, connect the tie rod to the two tracks as they are positioned.
- Install the seat track-to-seat cushion retaining screws and tighten to 9-17 ft. lbs. (12-24 Nm).
- Connect the adjusting springs between the seat tracks and seat cushion, if so equipped.
- Position the seat assembly in the vehicle.
- Install the screws, plastic shields, and nuts and washers. Tighten the fasteners to 18-32 ft. lbs. (25-44 Nm).