REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the hatch door.
- Remove the screws retaining the latch assembly. Remove the latch cover and latch bracket assembly.
- Remove the pop-rivet and retainer. The lock cylinder and extension must be removed with the retainer.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use a new rivet or replace with a sheet metal screw.
- Position the latch and bracket assembly with the cover against the hatch door, and tighten the retaining screws to 7-10 ft. lbs. (10-13 Nm).
- Adjust the striker assembly for proper seal and fit, and tighten to 20-28 ft. lbs. (14-38 Nm).