REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the brake lever boot cover or console assembly.
- Remove the cable adjusting nut from the equalizer rod.
- Remove the two screws which attach the brake lever control assembly to the tunnel.
- Disconnect the brake lamp and ground wire from the control assembly.
- Remove the control assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the control assembly on the tunnel, locate the switch ground wire on the forward attaching screw, and install the attaching screws. Tighten to 10-16 ft. lbs. (14-21 Nm).
- Connect the brake lamp switch and ground wire to the control assembly.
- Position the equalizer rod in the control assembly, and install the cable adjusting nut.
- Adjust the parking brake, as described above.
- Install the brake lever boot cover or console assembly.