REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the cotter pin and nut at the spindle.
- Separate the tie rod end stud from the spindle with TOOL-3290-C, or an equivalent puller.
- Matchmark the position of the locknut with paint on the tie rod. Unscrew the locknut. Unscrew the tie rod end, counting the number of turns required to remove.
- Install the new end the same number of turns.
- Attach the tie rod end stud to the spindle. Install the nut and torque to 35-47 ft. lbs. (47-64 Nm), then continue to tighten until the cotter pin holes align. Install a new cotter pin.
- Check the toe and adjust if necessary, then torque the tie rod end locknut to 35-50 ft. lbs. (47-68 Nm).