REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
To prevent glass and/or paint damage, do not pry the wiper arm from the pivot shaft with a metallic or sharp tool.
- Raise the blade end of the arm off of the windshield and move the slide latch away from the pivot shaft. This will unlock the wiper arm from the pivot shaft and hold the blade end of the arm off of the glass at the same time.
- Pull the wiper arm off of the pivot shaft.
- Push the main arm head over the pivot shaft. Be sure that the pivot shaft is in the PARK position, and that the blade assembly is correctly positioned. (Dimension X in the illustration represents the distance between the blade saddle centerline and the lower weatherstrip or moulding.) Dimension X should be 1.8-3.0 in. (45.7-76.2mm) on the driver's side and 2.3-3.5 in. (58.4-88.9mm) on the passenger's side.
- While applying downward pressure on the arm head to ensure full seating, raise the other end of the arm far enough to allow the latch to slide under the pivot shaft and into the latched position. Use finger pressure only to slide the latch.
- Lower the blade to the windshield. (If the blade does not touch the windshield, the slide latch is not completely in place. If this occurs, repeat the previous step.)