REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The pivot shaft and linkage assemblies are connected together with non-removable plastic ball joints. The left-hand shaft, right-hand pivot shafts and linkage are serviced as one unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove both wiper arm assemblies.
- Remove the cowl top grille attaching screws and grille.
- Remove the wiper linkage retainer clip, and disconnect the linkage drive arm from the motor crankpin.
- Remove the two screws retaining the right-hand pivot shaft to the cowl.
- Remove the large nut, washer and spacer from the left-hand pivot shaft.
- Remove the linkage and pivot shaft assembly from the cowl.
- Position and attach the linkage along with the pivot shaft assembly to the cowl using the proper fasteners. Tighten the screws to 60-85 inch lbs. (6.78-9.60 Nm) and the nut to 70-110 inch lbs. (7.91-12.43 Nm). Be sure to include the washer and spacer on the left-hand pivot shaft.
- Connect the linkage drive arm to the motor crankpin and secure with the retainer clip.
- Attach the cowl top grille with its retaining screws.
- Replace both wiper arm assemblies. Be sure that the motor is in the PARK position. Install both wiper arm assemblies to provide the proper distance between the blade saddle centerline and the weatherstrip or moulding (Dimension X in the accompanying illustration).
- Connect the negative battery cable.