REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Use care when handling the motor to avoid damaging the ceramic magnets. Do not strike or tap the motor with a hammer or other object.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right hand wiper arm and blade assembly.
- Remove the cowl top grille attaching screws and grille.
- Remove the retaining clip and disconnect the linkage drive arm from the motor crank pin.
- Disconnect the wiper motor's wiring connector.
- Remove the wiper motor's three attaching screws and remove the motor.
- Install the motor and the three attaching screws. Tighten to 60-85 inch lbs (6.78-9.60 Nm).
- Connect the wiper motor's wiring connector.
- Connect the linkage drive arm to the motor crank pin and install the retaining clip.
- Install the cowl top grille and attaching screws.
- Install the wiper arm and blade assembly. Ensure that the motor is in PARK and that the distance between the blade saddle centerline and the weatherstrip or moulding (Dimension X in the illustration) is 2.3-3.5 inches (58.4-88.9mm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.