REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the upper and lower hoses at the radiator.
- On cars with automatic transmissions, disconnect the oil cooler lines at the radiator.
- On vehicles equipped with a fan shroud, remove the shroud retaining screws and position the shroud out of the way.
- Remove the radiator attaching bolts and lift out the radiator.
- If a new radiator is to be installed, transfer the petcock from the old radiator to the new one. On cars equipped with automatic transmissions, transfer the oil cooler line fittings from the old radiator to the new one.
- Position the radiator and install, but do not tighten, the radiator support bolts. On cars equipped with automatic transmissions, connect the oil cooler lines. Then tighten the radiator support bolts.
- On vehicles equipped with a fan shroud, reinstall the shroud.
- Connect the radiator hoses. Close the radiator petcock. Then fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Start the engine and bring it to operating temperature. Check for leaks.
- On cars equipped with automatic transmissions, check the cooler lines for leaks and interference. Check the transmission fluid level.