Four high-performance engines (Boss 302, 428 SCJ, 429 SCJ and Boss 429) have been equipped with engine oil coolers. Removal and installation procedures for all four are as follows:
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the inlet and outlet lines from the oil cooler and drain them into a container.
- Remove the hold-down bracket from on top of the cooler.
- Lift the cooler from the lower mount.
- Position the oil cooler on the lower mount.
- Install the upper hold-down bracket.
- Connect the inlet and outlet lines.
- Fill the crankcase to the proper level with the specified oil.
- Start the engine and check for oil leaks.