REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the glove compartment retaining cable screw and allow the compartment liner to hang.
- Disconnect the antenna plug on the right side of the radio.
- Remove the snap-on cap and screws retaining the antenna to the fender.
- Remove the antenna locating clips in the hinge pillar area. Tie a piece of string to the antenna lead-in cable for use during installation.
- Pull the grommet out and remove the antenna assembly.
- Mark the location of the locating clips on the new antenna lead-in wire, then transfer the clips and string.
- Insert the antenna lead-in cable to the fender and route the wire through the hinge pillar area to the radio. Remove the string.
- Install the antenna-to-fender retaining screws, then install the cap.
- Push the grommet into place, fasten the locating clips, and connect the antenna cable to the radio.
- Install the glove compartment liner to the instrument panel, and connect the retaining cable.