REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Tape the stone deflector to prevent any scratches to the surface of the paint.
- Remove the left and right end bracket bolts from the fenders.
- Remove the bumper bar-to-inner arm and bumper-to-outer arm retaining bolts from each side of the bumper. Remove the bumper and the end brackets as an assembly.
- Transfer the end brackets to the new bumper.
- Position the bumper on the vehicle. Install the bumper-to-bar inner arm and bumper-to-outer arm retaining bolts and tighten.
- Install the end bracket retaining bolts and tighten.
- Remove the protective tape over the stone deflector and lower the vehicle.
See Figure 4
- Raise and support the vehicle. Remove the screws retaining each bumper arm and frame and remove the bumper guards.
- Disconnect the parking light wires and remove the valance panel below the bumper.
- Remove the screws retaining the bumper arm-to-fender brace to the bumper arm.
- Remove the bolts attaching each bumper arm to the frame rails, then remove the bumper from the vehicle.
- Remove the outer and inner arms from the bumper.
- Transfer the rubber pad from each end of the bumper to the new bumper if necessary.
- Install the inner and outer arms on the bumper.
- Position the bumper to the vehicle, then install the inner and outer arm to the frame rail attaching bolts.
- Install the fender brace to the bumper arm.
- Adjust the bumper for proper clearance, then tighten all attaching bolts and nuts.
- Install the valance panel below the bumper and connect the parking light wires.
- Install the bumper guards.