REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Disconnect the washer hoses if necessary.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- With a helper, place the hood into position aligning the matchmarks.
- Tighten the hinge bolts to the body of the vehicle.
- Adjust if necessary.
The hood is provided with a fore and aft, vertical, and side-to-side adjustments. The following procedure is for the hood in the fully lowered position. The elongated bolt slots in the hinge at the hood provide the side-to-side adjustment. The enlarged holes in the hinge at the fender apron provide both the fore and aft adjustment. The hood bumpers are located on the top left and right surface of the radiator support. The bumpers can be adjusted up and down to provide a level surface alignment of the hood with the fenders.