REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the hood. Remove the three shock absorber upper mounting bracket-to-spring tower attaching nuts. Move the frame brace out of the way.
- Raise the front of the vehicle. Place safety stands under the lower arms. Remove the front wheels and lower the vehicle.
- Remove the two shock absorber lower attaching nuts and washers.
- Twist and lift the shock absorber and upper bracket from the spring tower and remove the bracket from the shock absorber.
- Install the upper mounting bracket on a new shock absorber and secure the attaching bolts.
- Position the shock absorber and upper mounting bracket in the spring tower, making sure that the shock absorber lower studs are properly positioned within the pivot plate holes.
- Install the washers and attaching nuts on the shock absorber lower studs, and tighten them to 8-12 ft. lbs.
- Install the three shock absorber upper mounting bracket-to-spring tower attaching bolts, and tighten them to 20-30 ft. lbs.