REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the shock absorber and upper mounting bracket from the car as an assembly.
- Raise the vehicle and remove the wheel and tire as an assembly.
- Install the spring compressor tool.
- Place a safety stand under the lower arm.
- Remove the cotter pin from the upper ball joint stud and loosen the nut.
- Using a suitable tool, loosen the ball joint in the spindle, then remove the nut and lift the stud from the spindle.
- Remove the upper arm attaching nuts from the engine compartment and remove the upper arm.
- Position it on the mounting bracket and install the attaching nuts on the inner shaft attaching bolts.
The original equipment keystone type lockwashers must be used with the inner shaft attaching nuts and bolts.
- Install the upper ball joint stud in the spindle and tighten the nut to 55 ft. lbs. Install a new cotter pin.
- Remove the spring compressor and position the spring on the upper arm. Install the wheel and check front end alignment.