REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the horn wire connector, that is yellow and a yellow-green wire in it, (on most models) under the instrument panel, to the left of the steering column.
- Press down evenly on the horn button and turn it counterclockwise until it lifts out from the steering wheel.
- Remove the horn button and spring.
- The horn button contacts are integral with the turn signal switch and are removed with the switch.
- Install the horn button spring and button.
- Attach the horn wire connector under the instrument panel.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the screws located behind the steering wheel pad (see illustration).
- Pull the pad off the steering wheel.
- Separate the horn wiring at the contacts.
- Attach the wiring to the contacts on the steering wheel.
- Place the horn pads on the steering wheel, then tighten the mounting screws.