REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the cable housing from the speedometer.
- Pull the cable out of the housing. Wipe off all the old lubricant. Lubricate the new cable with cable lubricant, do not over lubricate.
- Lubricate the new cable with cable lubricant, do not over lubricate.
- Insert the cable all the way into the housing and twist it slightly to make sure that the square drive is engaged in the speedometer driven gear.
If a speedometer cable is broken, it will be necessary to disconnect both ends of the cable housing in order to remove the broken piece of cable. Tighten the mounting bolt to 3-4 ft. lbs.
- The speedometer driven gear is held on to the speedometer cable housing by a retainer clip. When you replace the driven gear, make sure the gear is secure by placing the gear into position before inserting the retainer clip through the gear slots.