REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
When you replace a lock cylinder on a door, don't forget that you will now have a new key for just that door. It is advisable to replace all of the lock cylinders on the vehicle to keep the key consistency. This will avoid you having to carry an extra key in your pocket.
- Remove the trim panel on the door and remove the water shield away from the cylinder area.
- Disconnect the lock control-to-lock cylinder rod at the lock cylinder.
- Pull the lock cylinder retainer rearward to release the cylinder, then remove the lock cylinder from the door.
- Transfer the lock cylinder in the door, and install the lock cylinder retainer.
- Place the cylinder into position on the door, then install the retainer.
- Connect the lock control-to-cylinder rod at the lock cylinder.
- Carefully position the watershield to the inner panel and install the trim panel.