REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the shock absorber from the spring plate.
- Remove the shock absorber access plate from the luggage compartment. On convertible models, remove the rear seat and seat back in order to reach the access covers.
- Remove the shock absorber upper attaching nut.
- Compress the shock absorber and remove it from the vehicle.
- Place the bushing and inner washer on the top stud of a new shock absorber.
- Connect the upper stud to its mounting, and install the bushing, the outer washer, and a new nut on the stud. Torque the nut to 15-25 ft. lbs. Install the shock absorber access cover. On convertibles, reinstall the rear seat if it was removed for access.
- Connect the lower stud to the spring plate, and install the bushing, outer washer, and a new nut on the stud. Examine the spring plate for burrs. Tighten the nut and torque to 14-26 ft. lbs.