REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A torque wrench with a capacity of at least 350 ft. lbs. is necessary, along with other special tools, for this procedure.
- Raise the front of the vehicle and place safety stands under the frame and a jack under the wheel or axle. Remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the shock absorber from the radius arm bracket.
- Remove the two spring upper retainer attaching bolts from the top of the spring upper seat and remove the retainer.
- Remove the nut which attached the spring lower retainer to the lower seat and axle and remove the retainer.
- Lower the axle and remove the spring.
- Remove the spring lower seat and shim from the radius arm. The, remove the bolt and nut which attach the radius arm to the axle.
- Remove the cotter pin, nut and washer from the radius arm rear attachment.
- Remove the bushing from the radius arm and remove the radius arm from the vehicle.
- Remove the inner bushing from the radius arm.
- Position the radius arm to the axle and install the bolt and nut finger-tight.
- Install the inner bushing on the radius arm and position the arm to the frame bracket.
- Install the bushing, washer, and attaching nut. Tighten the nut to the specifications given in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section and install the cotter pin.
- Tighten the radius arm-to-axle bolt to the specifications given in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Install the spring seat and insulator on the radius arm so that the hole in the seat fits over the arm-to-axle nut.
- Install the spring.
- Connect the shock absorber. Torque the nut and bolt to the specifications given in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Install the wheels.