REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A torque wrench with a capacity of at least 350 ft. lbs. is necessary, along with other special tools, for this procedure.
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the spindles.
- Remove the springs.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the lower spring seats from the radius arms.
- Remove the radius arm-to-axle bolts.
- Remove the axle-to-frame pivot bolts and remove the axles.
- Position the axle on the pivot bracket and loosely install the bolt/nut.
- Position the other end on the radius arm and install the bolt. Torque the bolt to the specifications given in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Install the spring seats.
- Install the springs.
- Torque the axle pivot bolts to the specifications given in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Install the spindles.
- Install the stabilizer bar.