See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the truck on a hoist or jackstands.
- Place a drain pan under the transmission.
- Loosen the pan attaching bolts and drain the fluid from the transmission.
- When the fluid has drained to the level of the pan flange, remove the remaining pan bolts working from the rear and both sides of the pan to allow it to drop and drain slowly.
- When all of the fluid has drained, remove the pan and clean it thoroughly, Discard the pan gasket.
- Place the new gasket on the pan, and install the pan on the transmission. Tighten the attaching bolts to 12-16 ft.lb.
- Add three quarts of fluid to the transmission through the filler tube.
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Remove the transmission oil pan and gasket.
- Remove the screws holding the fine mesh screen to the lower valve body.
- Install the new filter screen and transmission oil pan gasket in the reverse order of removal.