See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Make sure that the hood is properly aligned.
- Open the hood.
- Loosen the hood latch attaching bolts just enough to move the latch.
- Move the latch until it is aligned with the hood latch striker. Tighten the bolts.
- Make sure full engagement of the striker occurs. If not, re-adjust the latch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood and remove the hood latch attaching screws and remove the latch assembly from the hood latch support brace.
- Position the latch assembly to the hood latch support brace and install the attaching screws snug but do not tighten.
- Adjust the latch assembly for positive engagement with the hood lock hook and tighten the latch attaching screws.
- Lubricate, check, and adjust as necessary as necessary.
- Matchmark the exact location of the latch prior to removal.
- On vehicles with remote cable actuation of the latch, disconnect the cable by removing the cable plate and clip.
- Remove the latch attaching screws and latch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the hood latch once installation is complete.