REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
You'll need an assistant for this job.1976-79
See Figure 1
- Open the hood and remove the hood hinge bolts and with the aid of a helper lift the hood off the hinges.
- If the hood is to be replaced, transfer the hood latch components and ornaments to the new hood.
- With the aid of a helper position the hood on the hinges and install the hinge bolts snug.
- Adjust the hood for proper fit and tighten the hinge bolts securely.
- Adjust the hood latch for proper alignment.
See Figure 2
- Open the hood.
- Remove the 2 link assembly bolts.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Torque all bolts to 20 ft. lbs.
- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-fender bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Move the hood as required to obtain the proper fit and alignment between the hood and the top of the cowl panel. Tighten the bolts to 34 ft. lbs.
- Loosen the 2 latch attaching bolts.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Move the hood forward/backward and/or side-to-side to obtain a proper hood fit.
- Tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts to 20 ft. lbs.
- Move the latch from side-to-side to align the latch with the striker. Torque the latch bolts.
- Lubricate the latch and hinges and check the hood fit (open and close it) several times.