F100-350 2-wheel drive - chassis lubeF100 4-wheel drive - SAE 90W gear oil
LUBRICANT LEVEL CHECK
- Center the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering gear housing filler plug.
- Remove the lower cover-to-housing attaching bolt.
- With a clean punch or similar object, clean out or push the loose lubricant in the filler plug hole and cover-to-housing attaching bolt hole inward.
- Slowly turn the steering wheel to the left until the linkage reaches its stop. Lubricant should rise within the cover lower bolt hole.
- Slowly turn the steering wheel to the right until the linkage reaches its stop. Lubricant should rise within the filler plug hole.
- If lubricant does not rise in both of the holes, add steering gear lubricant until it comes out both the holes during the check.
- Install the lower cover-to-housing attaching bolt and the filler plug.
- Remove the filler plug from the sector shaft cover.
- Check to see if the lubricant level is visible in the filler plug tower. If the lubricant is visible, install the filler plug. If the lubricant is not visible, add gear lubricant until the lubricant is visible about 1 inch (25mm) from the top of the hole in the filler plug tower.
- Replace the filler plug.