REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Lower the tailgate and remove the access panel. If the glass cannot be lowered, remove the access panel and depress the lockout rod located in the bottom center of the tailgate.
- Using a jumper to the tailgate motor, raise the glass to the full up position. If the glass cannot be raised it will have to be removed as outlined above.
- Remove the regulator mounting bolts and nuts and lift out the regulator.
- Disconnect the motor harness.
The counterbalance spring is under considerable tension. To prevent injury from sudden movement of the regulator components, clamp or lock the gear sectors prior to removing the components!
- Detach the motor from the tailgate and remove it.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the regulator mounting bolts to 10 ft. lbs.