REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Make sure that the headlight switch is OFF .
- Raise the hood and find the bulb base protruding from the back of the head lamp assembly
- Disconnect the wiring by grasping the connector and pulling it rearward firmly.
- Remove the headlamp door retaining screws and remove the headlamp door.
- Remove the headlamp retaining ring screws and remove the retaining ring. Do not disturb the adjustment screws.
- Pull the headlamp bulb forward and disconnect the wire connector if not done so earlier.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Turn the headlights on a check that everything works properly.
See Figure 5
Before making any headlight adjustments, preform the following steps for preparation:
- Make sure all tires are properly inflated.
- Take into consideration any faulty wheel alignment or improper rear axle tracking.
- Make sure there is no load in the truck other than the driver.
- Make sure all lenses are clean.
Each headlight is adjusted by means of two screws located at the 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the headlight underneath the trim ring. Always bring each beam into final position by turning the adjusting screws clockwise so that the headlight will be held against the tension springs when the operation is completed.