REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
For all illustrations regarding these components, see the appropriate suspension coverage earlier in this Section.Rubberized Ball Socket Linkage
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Place the wheels in the straight-ahead position.
- Disconnect the connecting rod from the drag link by removing the nut and separating the two with a tie rod end remover.
- Loosen the bolts on the adjusting sleeve clamps. Count the number of turns it takes to remove the connecting rod from the connecting rod from the adjuster sleeve and remove the rod.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Install the connecting rod the exact number of turns noted during removal. Torque all fasteners to the specifications shown in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Have the front end alignment checked.