REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 through 5
- Set the front wheel in the straight ahead position and make chalk marks on the column and steering wheel hub for alignment purposes during installation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the one screw from the underside of each steering wheel spoke, and lift the horn switch assembly (steering wheel pad) from the steering wheel. On vehicles equipped with the sport steering wheel option, pry the button cover off with a screwdriver.
- Disconnect the horn switch wires at the connector and remove the switch assembly. On trucks equipped with speed control, squeeze the J-clip ground wire terminal firmly and pull it out of the hole in the steering wheel. Don't pull the wire out without squeezing the clip.
- Remove the horn switch assembly.
- Remove the steering wheel retaining nut and remove the steering wheel with a puller.
- Install the steering wheel in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the shaft nut to the specifications shown in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.