For all illustrations regarding these components, see the appropriate suspension coverage earlier in this Section.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Rubberized Ball Socket Linkage
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Place the wheels in a straight-ahead position.
- Remove the ball stud from the pitman arm using a tie rod end remover.
- Loosen the nuts on the adjusting sleeve clamp. Remove the ball stud from the adjuster, or the adjuster from the tie rod. Count the number of turns it takes to remove the sleeve from the tie rod or ball stud from the sleeve.
- Install the sleeve on the tie rod, or the ball in the sleeve the same number of turns noted during removal. Make sure that the adjuster clamps are in the correct position and torque the clamp bolts to the specifications shown in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section.
- Keep the wheels straight ahead and install the ball studs. Torque the nuts to the specifications shown in the Torque Chart at the end of this Section. Use new cotter pins.
- Install the drag link and connecting rod.
- Have the front end alignment checked.