REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1997-98 F-250HD and F-350
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Disconnect the right and left stabilizer bar ends from the link assembly.
- Disconnect the retainer bolts and remove the stabilizer bar.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link assemblies by loosening the right and left lock-nuts from their respective brackets on the I-beams.
- Loosely install the entire assembly. The links are marked with an R and L for identification.
- Tighten the link-to-stabilizer bar and axle bracket fasteners to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Check to make sure that the insulators are properly seated and the stabilizer bar is centered.
- Tighten the stabilizer bar-to-frame retainer bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). Tighten the frame mounting bracket nuts/bolts to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove both stabilizer bar-to-stabilizer bar link retaining nuts, washers and bushings and separate the stabilizer bar ends from the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the stabilizer bar links from the lower control arms, if needed.
- Remove 4 bolts securing 2 stabilizer bar insulator brackets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar brackets and the stabilizer bar.
- Place the stabilizer bar in position and install 2 stabilizer bar insulator brackets. Install 4 retaining bolts and tighten to 19-26 ft. lbs. (26-35 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer bar links to the lower control arms, if removed.
- Connect the stabilizer bar to the stabilizer bar links. Install the bushings, washers and retaining nuts. Tighten the stabilizer bar link retaining nuts to 12-15 ft. lbs. (15-20 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the stabilizer bar retainer brackets retaining bolts and remove the brackets.
- Remove the lower stabilizer bar link nuts, washers and bolts.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the upper stabilizer bar link nuts and bolts, and remove the links.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.